COVID-19 Response Information
May 11, 2020
- All providers are wearing KN95 masks with a standard ASTM Level 1 mask over them.
- All providers are wearing surgical gownssmocks while treating patients.
- All providers are wearing face shields while treating patients with a high-speed dental handpiece.
- Business staff are wearing ASTM Level 1 masks while at their workstation.
- Disposable materials are used whenever possible.
- Restricted seating in waiting room with 6’ or greater between all chairs.
- Removal of all magazines, journals, TV remotes, toys or other objects that are typically handled by patients in waiting room or treatment rooms.
- Check-in process adapted for patient to remain in vehicle until appointment time.
- Acrylic “sneeze” guards in place at receptioncheck out desk.
- All staff are maintaining 6’ social distancing whenever possible.
- Office doors are left open to avoid contact with doorknobs or handles.
- Treatment chairs are covered with disposable plastic covers and changed between each patient.
- Extra time is being allowed between patients for thorough disinfection of treatment rooms.
- Written verbal protocols established for reappointing patients.
- Pre-screening questionnaire for all patients to fill out prior to treatment.
- Conversion of health history, HIPPA and new patient forms to digital format that can be completed prior to the appointment without printing.
- Patient’s temperature taken with infrared thermometer prior to treatment.
- All staff temperature taken before seeing patients and again mid-day.
- Preprocedural mouth rinse of Hydrogen Peroxide to reduce oral microflora.
- Reduction of the schedule/patient volume in accordance with the ADH guidelines for Phase 1.
- Alerts displayed on the facing of operatories to identify disinfected rooms.
- Permit only the patient (and guardian) back in the operatory during procedure and restrict use of water fountain.
- Provide personal pens for patients to use for required paperwork.
- Covering card readers with barrier for ease of disinfection at check-out
**Please note that these protocols are in addition to our normal operating standard infection protocols